Are you a Christian Media & Communications leader looking to make a big impact?
After 30 years of operation Vision Christian Media has great momentum as a nationwide broadcast, print and digital media ministry now engaging hundreds of thousands of people with trusted Christian content and conversations daily. We’re looking for an Executive-level team player to take our media and communications strategies and people to the next level.
Position: Full time, Executive-level
Applications close: 20 August 2021.
This role is an important part of a dynamic and dedicated Executive Team who carry the leadership mantel of this growing nationwide media ministry. The role answers directly to and works very closely with the CEO and is directly responsible to deliver quality mission outcomes in the Media & Communications Division.
There is also a strong Pastoral component to this role – of equal importance to the technical components required. This includes Pastoral care and spiritual guidance of staff – leading, communicating and demonstrating the core values of Vision and statement of faith so as to ensure our team are authentic ambassadors of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and in alignment to and the promotion of Vision’s orthodox Christian beliefs.
The Media & Communications division incorporates Vision’s broadcast, print and digital media outlets as well as engagement of various stakeholder groups. The division has three departments, each with a Manager and teams of full and part time staff, volunteers and contractors.
The role is responsible to develop and execute strategies and maintain operational plans covering each of the following areas;
• Marketing strategy;
• Content direction & development;
• Broadcast scheduling;
• Digital products & platforms;
• Audio/video/graphic/physical media production;
• Promotions and events;
• Public relations.
The role is responsible to ensure all activity aligns with and supports the organisation’s mission, strategies and priorities; that appropriate resources are available for the tasks (working to budget, innovating as necessary), and are managed for maximum efficiency and impact.
The role has responsibility for the recruitment, direction, development and management of team members, encouraging teamwork, resolving conflict and developing succession plans for key functions.
This is a particularly important role due to its contribution to the public’s experience with and perception of our products, services and brand. It acts as gatekeeper of our mission to be a trusted, consistent and unifying voice in the Australian community to challenge, encourage and affirm people in the Christian faith.
Vision Christian Media is a not-profit organisation that has been dedicated to bringing the good news of the gospel to Australia since 1986.
Hundreds of thousands of people across the country now turn to us daily for encouragement, good company and support through broadcast radio, printed and digital publications, podcasts, apps, websites and more, including a prayer service and store – all of it to help people look to God daily. Learn more about Vision here.
The ideal applicant will have:
• A calling to ministry.
• A demonstrated maturity in the understanding and application of Christian faith.
• Alignment with our mission, goals and strategies.
• Significant experience in a leadership setting related to media and communications. Ideally this would be across multiple platforms and/or disciplines (eg journalism, scheduling, production, websites, mobile apps, social media, live steams, podcast, etc) and within a Christian ministry setting.
• Ability to inspire others to work strategically and collaboratively across shared projects and across departments.
• Strong analytical ability, big-picture thinking, leadership and coordination skills.
• Proven ability in public relations that will enhance trustworthiness in the organisational brand.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
• Great people and communication skills.
This full time position based at our offices in Springwood, Queensland.
Applications are now being accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your resume and cover letter (of no more than two pages), outlining;
• Why you are interested in this position,
• Examples that can demonstrate to us that you possess the skills, knowledge, experience and heart to be successful in the role.
Only applicants with rights to work in Australia are eligible to apply.
The successful applicant will align to our Mission, Vision, Values and Core Beliefs. This is more than just a job, it is a ministry opportunity and part of a calling.
Applications close 20 August 2021 however we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the close of applications.