• Australia’s only nationwide Christian worldview news service.
• Join a team of industry leaders.
• Brisbane-based national news service.
• Permanent, full-time position.
We are looking for a radio news writer/reader to join our excellent news service. If you’re passionate about news then we want to hear from you!
Do you have?
• You have a Degree in Journalism or equivalent experience.
• You have demonstrated experience and skills in news preparation and/or presentation.
• You possess strong writing, editing, research, planning and audio production skills.
• You are able to prepare and present radio news bulletins, interviews, on-air programmes, digital news stories or other related items as required.
• You are able to work unsupervised, under pressure and within tight deadlines.
• You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• You possess excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• You are competent with Microsoft Office Suite, NewsBoss, Adobe Audition and WordPress.
• You are available to do shift-work.
• Have your own transport.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is dedicated to giving balanced news the audience can trust. Vision’s news service is unique in Australia; it is the only national family-friendly news service with a Christian worldview. It is broadcast nationally on
Vision Christian Radio and to client stations as diverse as Light FM in Melbourne, 96five in Brisbane, Juice FM on the Gold Coast, 1Way FM in Canberra and 97Seven in Darwin.
Vision Christian Media is a not-profit organisation that has been dedicated to bring the Good News of the Gospel to Australia since 1986. We were a key driver in establishing over 30 independent Christian community radio stations during the 1990s before we became a broadcaster and publisher ourselves.
Now, we reach 1/3 of Australia, and hundreds of thousands of Aussies across the country turn to us daily for encouragement, good company and support. We are helping them connect faith to their life’s every day. https://vision.org.au/about-us/
The successful applicant will align to our Mission, Vision, Values and core beliefs (https://vision.org.au/core-beliefs). This is more than just a job, it is a ministry opportunity.
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate and experienced news writer and reader to join Vision Christian Media.
Under the supervision of the News Editor and Radio Content Manager, this role is responsible for writing news stories in accordance with Vision’s style guide and with a Christian worldview. You will source stories from our own interviews and research, from content broadcast on our own radio network, and from our news partners, including Macquarie and Voice of America.
We’re looking for someone who is willing to learn and is a strong team player with a sense of humour. You’ll need to be creative, enthusiastic and able to keep a cool head under pressure to deal with hourly deadlines; a good grasp of Australian and international current affairs, as you’ll be broadcasting to areas from the remote outback to our biggest cities; a good sense of what news stories will make up an effective news bulletin; and a passion for news and for telling people what they need to know.
You’ll need to be able to take direction, and to be flexible about shift work. Our earliest shift starts at 3 am and someone is on deck until 7pm at night. Once you’ve been trained, you’ll need to be confident to make decisions as you may be working alone in the newsroom at times.
Your own transport will be necessary because public transport is not available at the start and end times of some of our shifts.
Successful applicants will align to our Mission, Vision and Values. https://vision.org.au/core-beliefs/
How to apply
Submit your current resume to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
Please provide a brief statement (no more than 2 pages) that tells us:
o Why you are interested in the role you are applying for,
o Provide examples that can demonstrate to us that you possess the skills, knowledge, experience and heart to be successful in the role.
Applications close Sunday 24 November 2019