Vision is a non-denominational Christian ministry.
To be a trusted, consistent and unifying voice in the Australian Community to challenge, encourage & affirm people in the Christian Faith.
To see Australian lives and society redeemed and transformed through following Jesus Christ.
To work together, living genuine lives of faith and seeking every opportunity to tell God's story to as many people as possible.
Our key operational objectives are Impact, Growth, Sustainability and Integrity.
1. To lift up His name
"Sing to the Lord; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things He does." (Psalm 96:2-3)
2. To draw others toward Him
"Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt 28:19-20)
3. To be salt and light
"You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavour? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless. You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." (Matthew 5:13-16).
4. To express His love
"Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us." (1 John 4:11-12)
5. To work together
"So encourage one another and build each other up." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works." (Hebrews 10:24)
6. To live in His truth
"Jesus said to the people who believed in him, 'You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'" (John 8:31-32)
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is – His good, pleasing & perfect will." (Romans 12:2)
7. To understand the culture
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16)
8. To act with intent
"Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do." (Ephesians 5:16-17)
God's Word, the Bible, is the foundation to our lives and work.
We love the way William Wilberforce described what we ought to do with the Word of God;
- Admit it as the Word of God,
- Commit it to our hearts and minds,
- Submit to it, and;
- Transmit it to the world.
Our core beliefs are summarised in the Nicene creed, which says;
1. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Bible is divinely inspired and therefore is infallible and entirely trustworthy, and is the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ who is God revealed in human form, and we believe in His virgin birth, and His sinless life, His miracles and His atoning death.
4. We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, in His personal return, to consummate God’s Kingdom, and in God’s judgment of the world.
5. We believe that all have sinned and are therefore under God’s condemnation and are separated from Him.
6. We believe that redemption from the penalty and the power of sin is possible only through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective for individual sinners, granting them repentance towards God 8. and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and enabling believers to live holy lives and to witness and work for Christ.
8. We believe in the resurrection of all people, leading to eternal blessing for the believers and eternal punishment for unbelievers.
9. We believe that every believer is baptised into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit, and is responsible for keeping unity of the Spirit by loving one another with a pure heart.