On this page you can find all of Vision’s published policies. These policies maybe updated from time to time, so please refer back to this page to ensure you are aware of the current policies
Codes of Practice
- Our FM and AM broadcasts utilise Open Narrowcast licences which are subject to the Open Narrowcasting Codes of Practice which you can access here.
- Our DAB+ broadcasts utilise commercial licences and are therefore subject to the Commercial Radio Codes of Practice which you can access here.
- You can also read more about the rules and codes broadcasters must abide by at the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) website.
We work to abide by the codes at all times. However, if you are concerned that we may have breached a code, the codes state that you must first address your complaint us in writing and we will also respond in writing according to the timeframes and standards outlined in the codes. If you are not satisfied with our response, you then have the option to refer the matter to the ACMA. When writing to us, please include sufficient detail so as to enable us to identify the item broadcast, (eg date, time, a description of the material, name of the program and/or name of the presenter, etc), along with the nature of your concern and the location and frequency of the Vision broadcast service you were listening to.
Content you may have accessed through other means such as satellite channels, online-only streams, social media and podcasts are not specifically subject to these codes, however we welcome your feedback about them too, and will respond to any substantive complaint.
Written complaints may be submitted by post or through our electronic contact form – and of course if you have a compliment or other feedback, we want to hear that too! You’ll find our contact details and forms here.
The following terms and conditions apply to all competitions run by Vision Christian Media, United Christian Broadcasters Australia Ltd. (VISION) or any of its ministries (Vision Christian Radio, The Word for Today, Vision180, WORD4TODAY, Vision Christian Prayer, Vision Christian Store or Vision Christian Tours). Any other information published or broadcast on how to enter and take part in a competition also form part of the competition terms and conditions.
- Entry to any competition is achieved by correctly entering the competition, including correctly registering an ‘answer’ to any competition question if applicable. Only completed entries will be entered into the prize draw.
- One entry per person only unless otherwise stated. Multiple entries may cause you to be disqualified.
- VISION’s decisions on all matters regarding competitions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. VISION reserves the right to extend, change or terminate any competition at any time.
- Prizes will not be transferred or exchanged and cannot be taken as cash.
- VISION will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever of for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the competition or prizes (except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law).
- Additional expenses which may be incurred due to winning a competition (for example but not limited to: travel costs, accommodation, spending money, meals, beverages, insurance and all other ancillary costs) are the sole responsibility of the winner unless specifically stated otherwise.
- No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- By entering the competition you accept all these terms and conditions.
- VISION reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- By entering this competition, you grant to VISION all rights and permissions to publish your submitted work and/or your photo on any of our social media pages or websites as well as in any of our print magazines and other VISION digital and print publications.
- Competitions are open to all, excluding employees of VISION and their immediate family and anyone or any organisation associated with the planning of the competition and their immediate family.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific competition if necessary (for example but not limited to: a valid passport, visas etc if prize includes travel outside Australia).
- Entrants must be deemed able and willing to be available for publicity purposes in all VISION media.
- VISION reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
We want to resolve it.
We’re pleased to say that we don’t receive a lot of complaints. However if there is something you’d like to raise with us, we would like to know. Our process for dealing with complaints is outlined below, however first and foremost our ministry is based on the Biblical model for resolving issues.
The Apostle Paul gave some very wise instruction when he said these words…
‘If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.’ Romans 12:18 NKJV
If you wish to to make a comment or complaint about something you heard, read or saw in one of our media products, we want to assure you that we want to hear from you so we have the opportunity to answer your inquiry.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Vision Christian Radio and Vision180 Radio abide by the Open Narrowcast Radio Codes of Practice registered with the Australian Media and Communications Authority (ACMA). These Codes of Practice outline the correct procedure for both you and us in registering and dealing with your complaint.
- If your complaint is about something you have read in The Word for Today, Vision180 magazine or to do with Vision Christian Prayer, then the following guidelines still apply (even though they are not covered under the Codes of Practice).
Your complaint should in the first instance be made directly to us. Please use the form below, or you can also mail or phone us.
Please be assured that we will make every reasonable effort to resolve your genuine complaint in a courteous and timely manner.
If possible (and if you phone us) we will attempt to deal with your complaint during the course of your call. However, if that is not possible, you may be asked to make your complaint in writing.
The ARNA Codes of Practice require us to acknowledge all written complaints in writing within fifteen days from when we receive the complaint. We then have another fifteen days to respond to the complaint with a comprehensive answer. (We usually respond a lot quicker than this.) If you don’t receive a response from us within sixty days or, you are not satisfied with the response we have given to your written complaint, you then have the option of referring your (radio-related) complaint to the ACMA.
Finally, we’d also love to hear from you if you have a compliment too 🙂
Monthly Giving Policy
Monthly Giving – Policy
Hi, and thanks for your interest in supporting our ministry.
Because as an Extra Mile Partner (that’s what we call our awesome monthly donors) you are giving us permission to make a monthly donation either from your bank account or credit/debit card we have to publish some legal wording. You’ll find this written below – in language that the bank likes us to use 🙂
However from the outset we want to reassure you that we’ll always do our best by you. We really appreciate all our supporters – and monthly ones are no exception! We have a team here to help you and if we do happen to make a mistake or misunderstand your instruction we’ll work with you to put it right.
Anytime you have any questions, comments or need to let us know something please call our team on 1800 007 770 during QLD office hours.
Again, thank you for being a partner in our ministry.
Here’s the legal sounding bit…
Terms and Conditions
Extra Mile Partner Request
I/we request and authorise United Christian Broadcasters Australia Ltd. (Vision Christian Media) (Westpac reference number 249 457) to arrange for funds to be debited from my/our nominated account / credit card at the financial institution shown over. This authority will remain in effect until I/we give Vision Christian Media 14 days’ written notice to the contrary.
Extra Mile Partner Authority Agreement
I/we understand and agree that Vision Christian Media accepts this authority only upon the following conditions:
- Vision Christian Media will endeavour to effect such payments without any responsibility or liability for any refusal, omission or error in making all or any of the payments or for late payment or for any omission to follow such instructions. Vision Christian Media accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in the payment information field on this authority or hereafter subsisting between myself/ourselves and Vision Christian Media in relation to my/our account.
- This authority will remain in full force and effect in respect of all payments made in good faith notwithstanding my/our death or bankruptcy or any other revocation of this order until notice of my/our death, bankruptcy or such revocation is received by Vision Christian Media.
- I/we confirm that I/we shall undertake to ensure there are sufficient funds in the nominated account to meet the payment. In the event of there being insufficient funds in my/our account to meet the payment, I/we authorise all bank charges incurred by Vision Christian Media in respect of such refusal to be added to the payment amount and debited to my/our account.
- If I/we wish to stop, cancel, defer or change a debit payment, I/we will notify Vision Christian Media in writing at least 14 days before the next debit day.
- I/we will check my/our statement to verify that the amounts debited are correct.
- All information is kept confidential (excluding provision to the bank as sponsor).
Our commitment to you
Here at Vision Christian Media (United Christian Broadcasters Australia Ltd) we respect your privacy. We are committed to compliance with all Australian privacy laws which apply to our ministry and which set out the standards for how we manage your personal information. This policy outlines our Personal Information Management practices. Specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
What do we collect?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our ministry to function and conduct our activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email address, birth date and gender;
- the name of the business, ministry, trust or organisation you are associated with;
- your supporter number;
- a record of your donations;
- a record of your purchases and orders;
- a record of your correspondence sent and received;
- whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold — for example, family members;
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, (with your permission) we will collect and hold via our secure financial systems information about the debit or credit card you use for making your donations or purchases.
Remaining Anonymous: You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us. But not where this is impractical or where the law or a court order provides otherwise. For example, if you make a tax deductible donation and want a tax receipt, we will need your correct name and address to issue you with a Deductible Gift Receipt (DGR).
Credit card security
Our websites use a Secure Server for collecting any personal or credit card information. The secure sockets layer (SSL) encrypts (scrambles) all of the information you enter before it is transmitted over the internet and sent to us. Furthermore, all of the data we collect is protected against unauthorised access.
If you access the secure section (https) of any of Vision Christian Media’s websites (either vision.org.au or one of our sub-domains) you will see the certificate is issued by Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority – G2. These sites are administered by Vision Christian Media so the identity of these sites will refer to vision.org.au
How we collect personal information
When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example if you make a donation, place an order, or request information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you communicate with us by post;
- you take part in a promotion, competition, survey or provide a testimonial;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you make a purchase, contact one of our team or lodge a complaint against us.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our banners on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example ‘cookies’. For information about our use of this technology, please see Cookie Statement below.
The personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us.
Holding of personal information
Your personal information is generally stored in computer systems. These are operated by our staff who are all constrained by policies to ensure your information is kept confidential to only Vision Christian Media. We also have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating the risk of unauthorised access, loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of personal information.
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to comply with legal requirements, meet your needs, promote our ministry and services to you, or to improve our service to you. For example: so we can send your Deductible Gift Receipt (DGR) at the end of the financial year or send you the service(s) you have requested.
Disclosure of your information
Vision Christian Media will not rent, exchange or sell mailing lists containing your personal information to other organisations.
We do use third party businesses and services to enable the efficient running of our ministry. This includes banking institutions and specialist mailhouses who send communications on our behalf. We therefore do provide these organisations with information about our supporters. To the best of our ability, we have verified the security and privacy provisions of all other organisations with whom we provide information about supporters.
Giving you control
We are committed to allowing you to see the information we hold and enable you to correct information that is incorrect or outdated. Please note that our staff will always clearly identify themselves when making contact with you, and all our letters and marketing materials will contain Vision Christian Media’s logo and contact details. If you are ever in any doubt about whether a telephone call is from us, please disconnect and phone us back on 1800 007 770.
Your information is kept both in hard copy and electronic forms. In either case, we have documented procedures to safeguard your information. Safeguards include controls on how we store copies of the information off-site. These may be in the form of back up files or, for example, with the overseas hosting of our websites. We require all off-site holding of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the destination.
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We also may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information, if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
Opting out or modifying your information: If you want to change any information that you have previously given us, or if you want to opt out of all or specific future communications:
- You can e-mail your request to our Partnership Services team: email@example.com
- You can call our Partnership Services team on 1800 007 770 (+61 7 3387 7300).
- You can mail your request to the following postal address: Vision Christian Media, Locked Bag 3, Springwood, QLD 4127, Australia.
When contacting us to change your details, please include the following information:
- Your contact details (name, postal & email address, telephone number)
- Vision Christian Media Supporter number (if you have one).
Complaints: If you wish to complain about what you believe is a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. Please note:
- We reserve the right to discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others, as appropriate.
- Our Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way.
- Our Privacy Officer will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
International storage of information
To enable the efficient running of our ministry and provide you with the service you have requested we may share your personal information with a business located in a country other than Australia. Where we do this we only deal with trusted service providers who provide secure data storage and processing services to the standard required by Australian law. For example, our sister ministry Rhema Media in New Zealand facilitates the sending of our daily The Word for Today and WORD4TODAY email service.
Cookies on websites and mobile apps
‘Cookies‘ are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device when you access online content. It is important you know about them as they involve the collection of information about you (which may or may not be personal information) in a way which may not be obvious to you.
You can control the extent to which your device allows cookies. Depending on which browser your device uses, you may be able to disable third party cookies. You can change the settings on the software your device uses to access the internet from within your browser settings.
If you’d like more information on Cookies we recommend you access these government sites…
Use of the site by you
- use the Site directly or indirectly to post or transmit any photos, graphics, sound information or material unlawfully, or which is obscene, indecent, uses offensive language, defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person, or which prevents any other user from using or enjoying the Site or which is false, misleading or deceptive in any way;
- use the Site directly or indirectly, or use any service provided on the Site, to conduct surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or send chain letters, junk email or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site or use another person’s name, registration account or password;
- create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to the Site;
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Site; or
- collect information about others, including email addresses.
Vision Christian Media does not investigate or necessarily endorse any non Vision Christian Media advertiser or public event promoted on Community Noticeboard or elsewhere on the site. You should investigate and evaluate the merit of services and events for yourself as it is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Site or on the Internet generally. Vision Christian Media (or its respective officers, employees, agents or advisers) will in no way be liable for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information, documents, text, graphics, software or other material contained or displayed on or available through the Site including any content which is superseded, incomplete or omitted from the Site (in whole or part). Whilst Vision Christian Media takes every effort to ensure that all information on our Site is accurate we cannot be held responsible for the consequences of your decisions based on that information. The Site and content available on it are provided on an “as is” basis and may be summaries and Vision Christian Media reserves the right to change, add or remove any content. Vision Christian Media takes every effort to ensure the Site is ‘clean’ but makes no warranty that the Site will be free from viruses or any kind of malicious code whatsoever. To the extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions and representations about or in relation to:
- the Site;
- the availability of the Site; and
- your use of the Site,
- are excluded.
Limitation of liability
- repair and return of goods to you;
- refund to you of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or
- if the good is still available, replacement of the goods with equivalent goods; or
- in relation to services, at Vision Christian Media’s option:
- supply of the services again; or
- refund to you of the cost of having the services supplied again.
To the extent permitted by law, Vision Christian Media (and their respective affiliates, officers, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers) exclude all liabilities (including in contract, for negligence or otherwise) for any loss (including consequential loss), damage, costs or expenses suffered by you or claims made against you in connection with, however caused:
- your use of or reliance on the Site and the Content;
- any lack of availability, interruption, delay in operation, virus, internet access difficulties, or equipment malfunction in relation to the Site;
- any failure to provide the Site; or
- your purchase of any goods or services offered for sale on the Site, attendance at an event, or decision to apply for or accept any Employment Opportunity.
Except as permitted under the Act (for example for the services of the Crown or in reliance on one of the fair dealing exceptions i.e. a fair dealing for the purposes of research or study) no part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, communicated or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission. All inquiries should be made to the copyright owner:
Vision Christian Media Locked Bag 3, Springwood, QLD 4127.
The Australian Copyright Act 1968 (the Act) allows 10% of the number of words on this website to be reproduced and/or communicated by any Australian educational institution for its educational purposes provided that the educational institution (or the body that administers it) has given a Notice to Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) under part VB of the Act. For details of the CAL licence for educational institutions contact:
Copyright Agency Limited Level 15, 233 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000 Telephone: +612 9394 7600 Facsimile: +612 9394 7601 E-mail: www.copyright.com.au
Links from the Site
Externally linked websites from within the Site are not within the control of Vision Christian Media. Vision Christian Media does not take responsibility for the content in, or currency of, any externally linked sites. The inclusion of any link within the Website does not imply endorsement by Vision Christian Media of the linked website, nor does it suggest any relationship with the organisation linked. You agree that by accessing any linked site you are doing so at your own risk and you agree to fully indemnify Vision Christian Media against any liability arising out of your accessing any linked site.
Accuracy of registration information
When registering on the Site, you must ensure that all information you provide is correct and up-to-date. If you change your details during the period of your membership, you agree to ensure your details are updated.
Username and password
It is your responsibility to keep your login and your password safe and secure. If there is any activity undertaken with your login details then you are responsible. If you think that your details may have been used by someone else then you must notify Vision Christian Media’s Partnership Services team as soon as possible. You must also change your password immediately. You agree to indemnify Vision Christian Media against any and all claims arising out of your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password.
If any credit card payments (including donations) are made on the Site, those payments are processed by an independent third party service provider. You consent to disclosure of relevant information about you to that provider on a confidential basis. If you wish to obtain further information about the provider, then contact Vision Christian Media in accordance with the Privacy Statement. To the extent permitted by law, Vision Christian Media excludes all liability in relation to those payments and the services provided by that third party.
Placement and removal of content on the Site
- unauthorised use of the Content is strictly prohibited and may infringe Vision Christian Media’s IP Rights in the Content; and
- no Content may be reproduced, published or transmitted in any manner without the prior written consent of Vision Christian Media.
Without limiting the above, and subject to applicable law, you may not without prior written permission from Vision Christian Media:
- archive the Content or any part of it;
- form a database whether electronically or otherwise by systematically downloading or storing all or any of the Content; or
- adapt, vary, modify, redistribute or republish the Content (in whole or part)
The trademarks used on the Site are Vision Christian Media’s trademarks or the trademarks of a third party. Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting any licence to use any trademark without the permission of the owner. You must not use any of Vision Christian Media’s trademarks:
- as or as part of your trademarks;
- in connection with goods or services which are not the goods or services of Vision Christian Media
- in a manner that may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that disparages Vision Christian Media, its ministries or the Site.
Due to the nature of the Internet and mobile phone communications your use of the Site and associated services may be subject to interruption or delay. Vision Christian Media and its service providers do not make any warranty that the Site or services will be error free, without interruption or delay or free from defects in design or engineering. No guarantee is offered in regard to the compatibility of this Site to your software or hardware.
Vision Christian Media
holds the benefit of this Indemnity and all other rights under this Agreement as trustee for each person named as benefiting from it.