Are Evangelicals Getting What They Want From Their Pastors?

Tony Davenport | vision.org.au
Monday, January 17th, 2022
Jesus sign at church

Most American Evangelicals are happy with the length of their pastor’s sermons, while a third want more in-depth teaching from their church.

That’s according to a recent survey which found 85% of respondents satisfied with the length of sermons, which averaged around 27 minutes.

The researchers were surprised more younger churchgoers didn’t want shorter sermons.

Around 70% of Evangelicals are also satisfied with the depth of biblical teaching, but the other 30% wanted more.

Brand communications agency Infinity Concepts which helped carry out the survey told the Christian Post that’s good news at a time when biblical literacy is very low.

The survey found the vast majority of respondents liked topical political messages or political involvement in their churches.

 

The Word for Today

 

Donate to vision

Over 80% of our income is from the freewill gifts of wonderful people just like you.
So thank you for helping. Your generous support is 'Connecting Faith to Life'.