Kidnapped Christian Charity Workers Released in Iraq

Friday, April 3rd, 2020

Four Christian charity workers kidnapped in Iraq in January have been released.

Premier News reports, the news of the workers’ release has been provided by the office of French President, Emmanuel Macron.

No details of the release were given but the president’s office says it made every effort to reach the outcome.

The three French nationals and an Iraqi work for Christian charity SOS Christians in the Middle East and were abducted in Baghdad on January 20th.

Their release came after France said it would withdraw its troops from Iraq because of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a recent statement, the charity said no group had claimed responsibility for the abduction and no ransom demand had been received.

Christians in the Middle East warmly thanked French and Iraqi authorities for their efforts to secure the men’s release.

 

The Word for Today

 

 

Donate to vision

Over 80% of our income is from the freewill gifts of wonderful people just like you.
So thank you for helping. Your generous support is 'Connecting Faith to Life'.