‘Call to Me, and I will answer you.’ Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV When you begin to pray scripturally-based prayers, you will get the answers you need. Here is why: the Bible is God’s Word, and He always keeps His Word. Here is how to pray: 1) When you don’t have the answer. ‘Call to me, and I will [...]
‘Call to Me, and I will answer you.’ Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV
When you begin to pray scripturally-based prayers, you will get the answers you need. Here is why: the Bible is God’s Word, and He always keeps His Word. Here is how to pray:
1) When you don’t have the answer. ‘Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know’ (Jeremiah 33:3).
2) When you’re worried and under stress. ‘Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid’ (John 14:27 NKJV).
3) When you need spiritual insight. ‘When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak of His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come’ (John 16:13 NKJV).
4) When you need power for service. ‘He who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do … that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it’ (John 14:12-14 NKJV).
5) When you need God’s blessing in your endeavours. ‘I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing’ (Ezekiel 34:26 NKJV). Once you see the results of praying God’s promises, you will never pray any other way.
SoulFood: 2 Chron 25-28 John 12:12-19 Ps 118:10-18 Pro 28:1-4
The Word for Today is authored by Bob and Debby Gass and published under licence from UCB International Copyright 2023
While you’re here we’ve got a favour to ask!
For 365 days of the year we’re able to provide these great devotions, thanks to a very small portion of readers that donate to the costs.
Today we’re asking for your help. Your gift, large or small, will make a big difference in many lives—and, in addition, it’s tax-deductible (in Australia) as well.
Tap here to get this reading each day directly in your inbox
‘If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.’ John 15:7 CSB According to one count, there are 3,573 promises in the Bible. That’s almost ten promises for each day of the year. When you know which of those promises apply to you, and [...]
‘In His law he meditates day and night … and whatever he does shall prosper.’ Psalm 1:2-3 NKJV Thomas à Kempis, an Augustian monk and author, and author, wrote, ‘If you wish to grow in your spiritual life, you must not allow yourself to be caught up in the workings of the world. You must find [...]
‘We should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead …’ 2 Corinthians 1:9 NKJV Are you feeling hopeless about the situation you’re in and don’t know which way to turn? Maybe you’re struggling to find a reason to keep going, but you’re so tired and overwhelmed that you just want to give up. [...]
‘The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.’ Psalm 23:1 NIV We need to know two things: 1) Our shepherd’s character. Jesus distinguished good shepherds from bad ones (see John 10:11-16). Bad shepherds look out for their own interests, not the welfare of the sheep. They’re unreliable; when a threat arises, they abandon the flock. But Jesus [...]
‘The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.’ Psalm 23:1 NIV Perhaps you memorised Psalm 23 as a child. The vivid visual images remain with us lifelong. Author Hannah Whitall Smith said, ‘What we all need is just to get back into the nursery again, and take up our childish verses once more, and, while reading them [...]
‘I praise you because I am … wonderfully made.’ Psalm 139:14 NIV Despite your aches and pains, you are a living, breathing, walking, talking wonder. The psalmist said, ‘You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made’ (Psalm 139:13-14 NIV). One author explains: ‘Most [...]