‘Memorise His laws and tell them to your children over and over.’ Deuteronomy 6:6–7 CEV
It’s not easy being a Christian parent in a world where peer pressure feels as if it’s crushing down on you like a million tonnes of bricks; where values are at an all-time low and immorality at an all-time high. But with God’s help you can do it! To lead your children to Christ, do these five things:
(1) Begin when they’re young, and read Bible stories to them each night. Let them hear you pray for them to know Jesus personally, constantly thanking Him for dying for their sins.
(2) As you take them to church, explain what the various actions and seasons (Baptism, the Lord’s Supper, Easter, and Christmas) represent, and why they’re observed and celebrated.
(3) Be sensitive to every spiritual question they ask, and take the time to answer their questions in a way they can understand.
(4) Buy them Christian DVDs and cartoons that will present Bible truths on their level.
(5) Trust the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom at the right time to present the Gospel to them, and pray for their salvation continuously. On one occasion Evangelist DL Moody reported ‘two and one-half conversions’ at a service he conducted. Someone said, ‘I suppose you mean two adults and one child.’ ‘No,’ Mr Moody replied. ‘I mean two children and one adult. The children can give their whole lives to God, but an adult has only half a life left to give.’ And remember, the things we learn best are the things we hear most. So: ‘Memorise His laws and tell them to your children over and over.’
SoulFood: Jer 14–17, Mt 28:11–15, Ps 69:1–18, Prov 8:27–29
The Word for Today is authored by Bob and Debby Gass and published under licence from UCB International Copyright © 2018
… we've got a favour to ask!
For 365 days of the year we're able to provide these great devotions, thanks to a very small portion of readers that donate to the costs.
Today we’re asking for your help. Your gift, large or small, will make a big difference in many lives—and, in addition, it’s tax-deductible (in Australia) as well.
© 2018 Vision Christian Media (United Christian Broadcasters Australia Limited) Locked Bag 3 Springwood QLD 4127
ABN 15 051 984 402