‘The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.’ Psalm 118:6 KJV
You’ll always have to deal with fear in one form or another. And your fears will be different at different seasons of life. Once you accept that, you can make progress. For example, Julius Caesar conquered the world, but is alleged to have been afraid of cats. Peter the Great of Russia cried like a child when he had to cross bridges. Dr Samuel Johnson, the celebrated British writer, wouldn’t enter a room with his left foot first. If he did accidentally, he backed up, and re-entered it with his right one. (Talk about putting your best foot forward!)
If you let fear control your life, it’ll keep you from reaching your destiny. What a price! Fear breeds inaction, inaction breeds lack of experience, lack of experience breeds ignorance, and ignorance breeds fear. If you’re caught in this cycle, then here are some ‘fear fighters’ to help you today.
(1) ‘You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You!’ (Isaiah 26:3 NLT)
(2) ‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.’ (John 14:27 NIV)
(3) ‘When people’s lives please the Lord, even their enemies are at peace with them.’ (Proverbs 16:7 NLT)
(4) ‘In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?’ (Psalm 56:4 NAS)
(5) ‘God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.’ (2 Timothy 1:7 ESV) These promises are yours today. Stand on them, claim them, and refuse to yield to fear.
SoulFood: Lev 5–7, Luke 20:27–33, Ps 72:1–11, Pro 9:1–6
The Word for Today is authored by Bob and Debby Gass and published under licence from UCB International Copyright © 2019
© 2019 Vision Christian Media (United Christian Broadcasters Australia Limited) Locked Bag 3 Springwood QLD 4127
ABN 15 051 984 402
An active member of the UCB International Christian media family