‘Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called.’ 1 Timothy 6:12 NKJV
Here are six proven Bible strategies for defeating the enemy when he comes against you.
(1) Think boldly. ‘Fight the good fight of faith… to which you were also called.’ Plan and calculate like a general preparing for battle; study how to engage and defeat your enemy the devil.
(2) Pray boldly. We are told to approach God’s throne ‘boldly’ (see Hebrews 4:16). Don’t be bashful with God. He’s your ‘Abba’, which means ‘Daddy’. And you’re His redeemed child, so approach Him with confidence and ask for what you need.
(3) Speak fearlessly. The apostle Peter writes, ‘Speak as though God Himself were speaking through you.’ (1 Peter 4:11 NLT) In other words, use a commanding, authoritative tone when you resist the forces of evil. ‘Be strong in the Lord.’ (Ephesians 6:10 KJV)
(4) Give generously. The level at which you give is the level at which you receive. ‘Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.’ (Proverbs 11:24–25 NLT) No offering is too small, and none too great.
(5) Work intently. The Bible says whatever you put your hand to, do it with all your heart (see Ecclesiastes 9:10). Don’t approach your tasks with dread and a desire to escape. Stir yourself up in the Holy Spirit and get the job done (see 2 Timothy 1:6).
(6) Love unconditionally. As a follower of Christ, you must endeavour to love others as He loves them—unconditionally and sacrificially.
SoulFood: Song of Songs 5–8, Luke 23:39–49, Ps 91, Pro 21:28–31
The Word for Today is authored by Bob and Debby Gass and published under licence from UCB International Copyright © 2021
© 2021 Vision Christian Media (United Christian Broadcasters Australia Limited) Locked Bag 3 Springwood QLD 4127
ABN 15 051 984 402
An active member of the UCB International Christian media family