‘His faithful love endures forever.’ Psalm 118:2 NLT
Do yourself a favour and read the whole of Psalm 118!
(1) ‘In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me.’ (Psalm 118:5 NLT) What are you battling today? A destructive habit? A crippling fear? A sense of worthlessness? God wants to set you free.
(2) ‘The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.’ (Psalm 118:6 NLT) Your future doesn’t rest in the hands of people, but God—a good God who has good plans for you.
(3) ‘He will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me.’ (Psalm 118:7 NLT) God will raise you up when people try to put you down. When they withhold from you, He will supply all your needs.
(4) ‘I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the Lord has done.’ (Psalm 118:17 NLT) We will all die someday, but you don’t have to die before your assignment is complete and you have brought glory to God.
(5) ‘The Lord has punished me severely, but He did not let me die.’ (Psalm 118:18 NLT) Is God correcting you? Rejoice! His correction is not rejection. It’s protection against future mistakes.
(6) ‘This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.’ (Psalm 118:24 NLT) Whether yesterday was a triumph or a tragedy, God is giving you a new day. Seize it. Rejoice in it!
(7) ‘Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever.’ (Psalm 118:29 NLT) You will never experience a day without God’s mercy. These seven Scriptures are for you, so stand on them today.
SoulFood: Josh 5:1–8:29 John 14:1–14 Ps 2 Pro 28:25–28
The Word for Today is authored by Bob and Debby Gass and published under licence from UCB International Copyright 2023