Today's Word For Today reading
‘We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.’ 2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV
How would you describe yourself? Are you naturally positive or negative? Are your decisions driven by faith in God or by fear? Do you feel good about yourself, or do you put yourself down? Whatever your answer, this much is certain: the patterns and attitudes that rule your life were not formed overnight—so don’t expect an overnight cure. But you can make a start by obeying these Scriptures:
(1) ‘Set your minds and keep them set on what is I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called.’ (Ephesians 4:1 NKJV)
(2) ‘We walk by faith, not by sight.’ (2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV)
(3) ‘Let us also walk in the Spirit.’ (Galatians 5:25 KJV)
(4) ‘Walk in love.’ (Ephesians 5:2 KJV)
Notice, walking is the slowest mode of transportation there is! God doesn’t invite you to fly with Him but to walk with Him. Just put one foot in front of the other and keep walking day by day. When are we most likely to slip and fall?
(1) When we are learning to walk.
(2) When we are facing circumstances we have no control over.
(3) When we feel drained, tired, and weak.
(4) When we get careless and don’t keep our eyes open and stay focused.
Your challenge is twofold: adopting the right mindset and maintaining it. And if you seek God faithfully, He will help you to do both these things successfully.
SoulFood: 1 Kings 17:17–24 Mark 5:21–43
The Word for Today is authored by Bob and Debby Gass and published under licence from UCB International Copyright [cy]